- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare – hurricane season began on June 1st.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Consider if you need flood insurance.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.
- Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Sign up for emergency alerts from HC MUD 162.
Be sure to sign up to receive important news and updates from the District via text messages, you can send a text message to the number 474747 with the word MUD162 and you’ll be registered.